Digital by default represents a digital-first way of thinking, working, and making decisions. It means the freedom to work from anywhere and the opportunity to build solutions that help Shopify’s merchants and partners innovate through chaos and emerge stronger and more adaptable than ever before. One major benefit with Shopify job opportunities is you get to be part of a fast-growing global tech company – without the commute.
Here at NoCo, we’re all for companies making a change and adapting to new working formats for their employees. Here are just 5 roles that are open with Slack at the moment:
The work of a Support Advisor, frequently called a Customer Service Representative within the industry, is incredibly rewarding and equally challenging. As a Support Advisor, you’ll work within a dynamic, diverse and, supportive environment. You won’t always know the answers to the questions you’re being asked, so your ability to be resourceful is key! Shopify believe in human-centered, high-quality customer experiences. Using chats, phone calls and emails, you’ll be there to listen, teach, problem-solve and, explore growth opportunities with Shopify merchants. As part of that growth, you’ll be there to connect merchants with potential new features or plans to ensure they get the most out of the Shopify platform.
- Adhering to a daily schedule that includes a mix of: Phones, three (3) simultaneous chats, and emails.
- Ensuring merchants have a quick response time by staying on top of your assigned tickets, with same-day ticket review.
- Acting as a business coach and thinking about the merchant’s business holistically when offering solutions.
- Completing essential follow-up documentation after each interaction.
- Engaging in human conversations with merchants to identify and resolve issues, and provide coaching/growth opportunities for their businesses.
- Offer needs-based solutions, not pushy sales.
- Advocating for merchants and the Shopify platform by communicating with stakeholders.
- Owning your own development through reflection, reviewing past interactions and preparing to discuss growth opportunities with your Team Lead in regular 1:1 meetings.
Requirements for the role
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) on a rotating schedule with varying 8-hour shifts starting anytime between 7:00 am – 11:00 am in your local timezone. This means some days your shifts could be as early as 7am-3pm, and as late as 11am-7pm. This includes working weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
- Live and have legal authorization to work in the Republic of Ireland.
- Extensive experience providing exceptional customer service in a contact centre, retail or service environment.
- Have appropriate remote work set-up – such as a quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location in case of issues with the primary location.
- Have access to a wired internet speed of at least 25 Mbps download speed and 10 Mbps upload.
- Proven track record of being incredibly resourceful and finding solutions even when there is no clear path.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and work accurately in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency with technology paired with excellent typing skills.
- Have strong reading, writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn all about entrepreneurship, care deeply about people support and enjoy having genuine human conversations.
- Possess high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate more difficult conversations/interactions with professionalism.
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things.
- Ensure privacy and security practices are followed at all times for both merchants and Shopify.
- A background or interest in business, marketing, retail, or sales.
- Ran or had exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
Director of Engineering – Shop
Shopify are now looking for an experienced technical leader to help us pursue this mission. You will lead technical operations, strategy and growth of engineering teams across EMEA & APAC that are in charge of improving and expanding the post purchase experience and growth of Shop. Together with the senior leadership team and peers you will be part of defining long-term strategy and roadmaps, and drive the technical strategy, architecture and plans to achieve these goals. Success in this role will demonstrate high technical proficiency, world class communication skills, excellent people leadership and a natural curiosity supporting a diverse global customer and employee base.
- You are a technical expert. You might be a rusty coder, but at one point in your career you were a pretty great software developer. You’re up to date on software development trends and can challenge teams in such conversations – in any direction. You are likely currently involved in highly technical discussions and architectural solutions and you’re the person in the room who considers the strategic implications of these decisions. You will be the person that the teams look up to here – both technically and for strategic direction – and you achieve this predominantly by helping the teams narrow their aim and focus their efforts in areas and directions where they can have the biggest impact.
- You are a hands-on mentor. You have been managing leads and ICs for a number of years and you’re very good at it. You have built and led teams across multiple regions and timezones. You have some tried and true techniques for levelling up your team, removing obstacles, mentoring, and getting them to open up about challenges.
- You’ve been managing multiple technical teams and are able to see the product holistically and encourage cross-team collaboration.
- You have scaled and built distributed product teams and been proactive in helping your teams hire.
- You are data driven. You rely on sound data to make decisions, and you expect that your teams will do the same. You believe in setting success metrics, goals, and timelines. You are open minded about data from other parts of the business and taking it into consideration when making your recommendations.
- You are humble. You view product development as a team sport and you foster this environment within your teams. No job is too small – for you or for anyone on the team. We all pitch in to get the job done and support each other. You lead by example by being willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute tactically if that’s what your team needs. You believe that you can learn from all of your team members, no matter how experienced. You won’t tolerate anything else.
Global Disability and Leaves Specialists (EMEA)
Shopify are searching for Disability Specialists and Leaves Specialists who will be part of our Benefits & Leaves team, to help grow, execute, and administer our disability and statutory leave programs. This is an incredible opportunity to champion projects that will have a real, positive impact on the lives of thousands of Shopifolk across the globe!
- Developing global leave programs, policies and procedures, and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Collaboratively managing sick leaves, insured STD (short-term disability), LTD (long-term disability), and Workers’ Compensation claims (including the return to work process) and accommodations
- Managing statutory and unpaid leaves of absence
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, managers, HR Business Partners, and external contacts
- In partnership with HR team members, providing coaching to managers regarding disability claims, absence management strategies, return to work programs, statutory leaves, and requests for accommodation
- Being a day-to-day contact for the HR team
- Sourcing, monitoring, and evaluating disability adjudicators and third party vendors
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Interpreting, applying, and maintaining knowledge of relevant regulations, employment laws, etc.
- Must have previous experience in disability and/or leaves management with a high volume of cases
- Have experience with developing and implementing leave programs and/or processes (an asset)
- Are knowledgeable regarding best practices in Disability Management, Accommodations, and Return to Work and are passionate about leaves management
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly convey information; are comfortable working with sensitive and confidential information
- Have strong advocacy and problem resolution skills as you will be required to find a balance between stakeholders (management, employee, insurer) in stressful situations
- Thrive in times of chaos and ambiguity
For more information and to apply: https://www.shopify.com/careers/global-disability-and-leaves-specialists-multiple-roles-remote-cc94801c
Senior Solutions Consultant
Solution Consulting plays a key role in helping merchants to choose Shopify. In pre-sales, we build merchant confidence by acting as a technical business consultant. To get this done, we partner with the Sales team to drive the sales process. We understand business requirements and develop a technical sales strategy. We build product demos that help merchants visualize their future with Shopify and provide business value. The impact we make daily is in helping merchants simplify and grow their business. When we do this, we contribute to Shopify’s mission of “making commerce better for everyone”.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of how businesses operate.
- Good rhetorical skills and experience in engaging with Customers.
- Solid understanding of Cloud-based technologies and SaaS fundamentals.
- Ability to co-own the Sales Cycle together with the Sales Team.
- Curiosity when engaging with various stakeholders and new technologies.
- Deep understanding of technical strategy as it relates to operating and growing commerce businesses.
- Demonstrate great solution selling – Through storytelling and solution demos, help merchants understand how Shopify solves challenges and visualize their future with Shopify.
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on.
- A great video conference presence with confidence handling executive-level conversations.
Is some of this tech new to you? Shopify know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and they provide support to learn on the job.
- Extensive experience in presales solutions engineering or consulting
- API knowledge (REST and GraphQL) for enterprise integrations.
- eCommerce experience and knowledge of latest trends (storefront implementation, omni-channel, supply chain, B2B)
- Experience building business cases and communicating ROI
- Additional languages (French, Spanish or Italian)
For more information and to apply: https://www.shopify.com/careers/senior-solutions-consultant-emea-905261a3
Support Lead – Incident Response Technical
We’re currently seeking to hire a Support Lead – Incident Response Technical to join our Incident Response Delivery team supporting our Ireland and Canada East teams.
The Support Lead will be leading a team of Incident Response Technical Support Specialists that support our production engineering, security, risk, and other internal teams.
- Proven ability in leading a support team
- Proven ability in developing and growing the skills of junior employees
- Able to manage multiple priorities and situations with the appropriate level of detail and attention.
- Have a basic understanding of tools such as Splunk, SQL, Bugsnag to investigate issues, other monitoring/observability tools such as Datadog.
- Familiarity working with stakeholders across the organization, both technical and non technical, to develop roadmaps, integrate with larger company initiatives and deliver business value.
- Experience being the lead incident responder or participating in large scale and complex incident response environments, leveraging strong analytical and data literacy skills, and transitioning from ideation or context gathering to execution.
- Prior experience leading a department or function.
- Prior experience with project management.
- Prior experience with creative problem solving teams with an ever evolving scope.
- Prior experience with data analysis and interpretation.
- Prior experience working with emergencies or other urgent, high risk situations.